A mail exchanger record (MX record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System that specifies a mail server responsible for accepting email messages. You can add an MX Record using the cPanel's Zone Editor option.
1. Log into your cPanel account. (e.g., www.example.com/cPanel )
2. In the Domains section, click on the Zone Editor icon.
3. Under Domains, you can see many options below the Actions text.
4. Click on the MX Record, and a small window will open. Please enter the required details in it.
Priority: The MX record you use for mail routing should have the lowest preference number, typically 0. You can use 0 for your mail routing record, and 10 for the record validating that you own your domain.
Destination: Enter the domain name of your Mail Exchange. If you use an external mail server, enter the domain name of the external mail server. Alternatively, if you use a local mail server, enter your local domain.
5. Now click the Add an MX Record button.
If the record is added successfully, you will see a success message.
Note: It may take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours for the changes to take effect worldwide.